Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2013 TRX 420 FPA, Auto/ESP trans and power

Customer Question

Hi Eric, Im Evan. I have a 2013 TRX 420 FPA, Auto/ESP trans and power steering. This thing won't shift at all when the trans mode is in Auto. It will go into D, rev up in 1st but won't shift. Then, in ESP mode, it will not shift past 3rd gear. Ive replaced the shift angle sensor, cleaned the gummy grease out of the reduction gearbox and replaced it with white lithium, with no luck. I have been working on this issue for a week now and have not had any change in the quad. Any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any wiring damage on this model on the chassis and engine area to see if any damage is found.In some cases if there is shorted,corroded or damaged wiring this can cause a fault like this here with the wiring needing repaired to correct this issue.If this has already been checked or is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aloha Pete, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, all the wiring has been inspected for bad spots, corrosion and decay. This includes all of the connections at the wiring harnesses and plugs. I am now thinking that this issue has something to do with the PCM, as the hardware and connections are all cherry. The speedometer isn't functioning, and there is a Power Steering indicator on the brand new screen/meter. I don't have a Honda scan tool to be able to pinpoint exactly what the issue is quickly, so I have been through literally days of troubleshooting via the service manual with no luck at all.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete