Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

2002 arctic cat zr600 Efi sat years won't start tested fuel

Customer Question

2002 arctic cat zr600 Efi sat for two years won't start tested fuel pump which works and checked resistance on injectors which tested good as well put new fuel in cylinder heads and it fires up for a couple seconds then that's all I get can anyone help me
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the old gas out. I put new gas in. Tried to fire it up and nothing. I put gas down cylinder heads fired up second pull for 2 seconds then cranked over again and nothing
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • soak injectors in cleaner for an extended period of time to dissolve varnish like old gas residue;
  • • determine if the injectors are clicking when attempting to start.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what type of cleaner? how do I know if it's clicking? this is a pull start sled not electric start are you familiar with battery less efi systems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says your a motorcycle mechanic? do you work on snowmobiles?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

On similar type of engines, yes.

• what type of cleaner - have you tried clicking on the linked cleaner?
  • how do I know if it's clicking - screwdriver against the injector body while listening on the handle.

Or perhaps you would prefer a second opinion / alternate approach to your concern. The question would now be re-opened as I would rather opt out.

Good luck with the repairs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well that's pretty rude. I was just asking if you work on snowmobiles. you don't have to be rude I want a refund