Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I have a 1980 yamaha xs1100. i have had carbs rebuilt, new

Customer Question

i have a 1980 yamaha xs1100. i have had carbs rebuilt, new plugs. im having an intermittent bogging/stalling issue. can b riding along, & abrubtly it will act like its missing/ stalling for fuel. i grab the clutch, RPMs return 2 idle speed, hit the throttle, she runs great,,,for a minute. HELP!!
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** almost sounds like its going lean for some reason and or just running out of fuel. You say intermittent ? just how intermittent ? So what we need to do is if we can narrow it done to carbs or electrical ?

Have you tried just applying the choke slightly when it acts up ? What you would be looking for there is if it changes anything or runs differently ? Also I would like you to check the manifolds for any leaks, get a can of contact cleaner and or WD40 and with the engine running spray forward of the carbs to see if you get a fluxuation in the idle, meaning it will pull in what you are spraying and attempt to burn it which will usually increase the idle.

Lets try that and get back to me, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try your suggestions. do i have 2 pay u each time i ask u a question? u said get back w/u.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can rate the question and then it will allow you to accept, and then when you get results you can answer back and I will get to respond.

Thanks

Kenny

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

No you only pay what you originally posted, did you try what I suggested, saw your pictures, nice shape, I see that the stock air box has been removed ?

Kenny