Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I have a 2000 Kawasaki Lakota 300 It will shift in reverse

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Kawasaki Lakota 300
It will shift in reverse and natural but not into the forward gears
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** likely have a problem with the main shift shaft, this unit has 2 shift shafts, the reverse shaft which is controlled by a separate cable and then the main shaft which is attached to your gear change lever, on the opposite side from the lever attached to the end of that shaft is called the shift pawl, I suspect there is something goin on there, those have a tendency to wear or break depending on the usage.

To access that you will need to pull the clutch cover (r/h cover) and then the clutch assembly, from there you'll be able to see what's going on, I'm sure it will be pretty obvious.

Let me know if this helps, or you have any further questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Thanks Kenny