Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  I have fixed & modified bikes for 35 yrs I'm now THE Mobile Bike Mechanic for S.LONDON since 1990
38097336

I have an 08 road last Friday I luckily only got 4 blocks

Customer Question

I have an 08 road king last Friday I luckily only got 4 blocks down the road and heard a pop on the right side aost like a back fire but not quite then it stalled and won't start. It turns over but that's it, I've replaced coil, plug wires and plugs and still the same thing any suggestions?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

Is there a spark?

Purely for diagnostics :- Try spraying starter fluid into the airbox with the choke OFF & throttle open a crack. Does she fire up momentarily?

Has your road king been laid-up for more than a couple of months, or at all, before this problem occurred?

Sorry to have to ask what may seem like stupid questions, but it is obviously difficult diagnosing problems remotely & I dont know how proficient a customer is or what they may have done already. So I need to ask stuff which may seem obvious or unrelated

When you give a rating it reflects directly on the individual experts feedback score & not on JustAnswer.com / Pearl.com or their policies.
Please do not rate my service low without giving me a chance to rectify any problem
Thanx

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
I'm following up on my unresolved Q&As to see if I can help any further

Did you resolve the problem ? Was my diagnosis correct ?

Feel free to pose any further question on this subject & I will do my best to help !!

Most of my patients get cured & live to run again !
Help improve the health of future biking by posting an update or helping with innovative new treatments

If I have already helped you then please press accept as that is the only way that I am compensated for my input

Thanx

Ride Safe