Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  I have fixed & modified bikes for 35 yrs I'm now THE Mobile Bike Mechanic for S.LONDON since 1990
38097336

I have a Polaris Sportsman 800 4-wheeler. I was using the

Customer Question

I have a Polaris Sportsman 800 4-wheeler. I was using the winch and it killed the battery and shut down the machine. When I took the battery out to charge it, the display and fan was still working. When I put the battery back in, I had no display and no juice going anywhere. Could you please help me with some ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

Do you still want help with this problem?

Sorry to have to ask what may seem like stupid questions, but it is obviously difficult diagnosing problems remotely, I cannot see, hear, touch or smell anything & I have only what a customer tells me to make a correct diagnosis.
Also I dont know how proficient a customer is or what they may have done already. So I need to ask stuff which may seem obvious or unrelated

Have you checked the fuses?

Are the battery connections clean& fast?

What voltage does the battery show, please?

Please dont rate my service before giving me a chance to help you, negative ratings are taken seriously here & I will try my best to help you as much as I can (for both our sakes)

Ratings apply solely to the service an expert gives you, they do not apply to JustAnswer.com or its policies.

So if you feel you should give me neutral or negative feedback, please contact me & I will strive to reverse that feeling

Thanx

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
I'm following up on my unresolved Q&As to see if I can help any further

Did you resolve the problem ? Was my diagnosis correct ?

Feel free to pose any further question on this subject & I will do my best to help !!

Most of my patients get cured & live to run again !
Help improve the health of future biking by posting an update or helping with innovative new treatments

If I have already helped you then please press accept as that is the only way that I am compensated for my input

Thanx

Ride Safe