Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Trying to find the circuit breakers to locate why only two

Customer Question

trying to find the circuit breakers to locate why only two of my indicators are going and two arent - 91 1200 sportster
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I don't have the info on any breaker locations on this model here but I saw no one else has replied.

If you have not checked for any shorted or damaged wiring at all this needs done to see if there is any wiring at fault causing this issue here needing repaired.If this was already checked or is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
sorry completely missed this - my bike is a 91 harley sportster - came back from its reg service with indicators working and i have checked under the seat and along the wiring as it leads to the indicators - one indicator is clicking away - i thought it might be the fuses but understand that 91's dont have fuses but circuit breakers - i tried to locate them but cant
Let me know where i can poke around before i head back to the shop and look like an idiot!!
Paul
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Usually a circuit breaker won't cause this type of fault here.This can be caused by a short with wiring or possibly a short with the switch control.Unfortunately my info isn't listing where these circuit breakers are located.I would have the switch control tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced or if another component is at fault needing repaired or replaced here for this issue.

Thanks Pete