Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  I have fixed & modified bikes for 35 yrs I'm now THE Mobile Bike Mechanic for S.LONDON since 1990
38097336

I'm getting furl in my crankcase

Customer Question

I'm getting furl in my crankcase
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

Is 'furl' a typo?

Do you mean a whiteish foam?

Please do not rate my service until we have got to a final diagnosis

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sry i meant fuel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this just started i drained oil,replaced oil filter added new oil.replaced breather filter and fue filter and spark plug. used over the weekend and oil level is increasing with smell of gasoline. Also notice fuel coming out of fuel pump. I'm thinking a bad disphram
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

OK dont run the engine as there wont be good enough lubrication atm

It is most likely that the carb is overflowing due to the floats sticking!

Has she been unused for more than a month or two?

Do you know if there is a fuel tap is it vacuum operated ( I will look this up if you are unsure)

Sorry to have to ask but, it is obviously difficult diagnosing problems remotely & I dont know how proficient a customer is or what they may have done already. So I need to ask questions which may seem obvious or unrelated

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

OK your last comments came as I sent you mine

Give me a moment to pull up a manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i use it daily. from what my understanding its works on a pulse from crankcase to pump fuel to carb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it first started it smoked but after i changed oil it's not smoking. use Sat. at deer lease when i got back to camp checked oil and notice oil level little over full mark. parked it and did't use any more. other than that she is running fine.
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

There is also a vacuum hose which must act on a diaphragm which is likely to be damaged as you suggested

According to the manual the fuel pump/tap cannot be dismantled (not necessarily so) which means that Kawasaki wont supply internals, so that you have to replace the pump as a unit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i've already order the pump.Do you think i need to go into the carb
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

This would not be a problem if the carb floats were doing their job & shutting off the fuel, so the carb will have to be pulled open to clean & check the fuel shut-off valve & check for smooth operation of the float & check/reset the float height

You must also replace the oil (again) to avert serious engine damage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

No problem

I trust that has answered your question satisfactorily
If you are happy with my bedside manner then please press accept (as that is the only way that I am compensated for my input) & rate my service well (good or above)

Please do not leave low ratings
If you are not satisfied or you need further clarification contact me

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
I'm following up on my unresolved Q&As to see if I can help any further

Do you still want help with this problem?

If you are happy with the service that I have given please press ACCEPT & rate my service 3 stars or above(or I don't get paid)

This does not close your question, you can follow it up at anytime within its 7 day life-span