Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

V92c 2001 has always given me trouble starting. I have

Customer Question

v92c 2001 has always given me trouble starting. I have checked the battery several times. It is always on a trickle charger. It sounds like a dead battery, lights come on though and horn works. If you hold the key on, an electric "smoke" will appear, I think from the front of the engine.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any damage to the battery cables themselves and the connections of the cables at the battery or leading from the battery to the starter as well as connections at the ignition switch for any issues.If a fault is found it will need to be corrected to resolve this issue here.If these were already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have been out of town and a soccer game today. Will look at this tonight (before 12:00 I hope!)
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here and if you need anything else.Feel free to rate my help if you like.

Thanks Pete