Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I Have a 2002 Harley Ultra getting a intermittent check

Customer Question

I Have a 2002 Harley Ultra getting a intermittent check engine light and a TSSM code.
The light comes on when I'm heavy on the throttle, like getting on the highway. When I get to cruising speed the light goes out. The light does not come on when just riding around town. Other than that the bike runs fine and the TSSM module was replaced with no change.
Thanks Rich
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the wiring leading to the TSSM and see if any wiring or connections are found to be loose or corroded at all causing this issue or any damage to the wiring is found.If this is checked or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Check wires are basic and I got that doing a google search. That answer was not worth $26. Are you a general mechanic or do you specialize in Harley.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am general on this here as I saw you had not received a response and though I would try and help in some way here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete