Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My bike is putting like the timing is off. I have a 2006

Customer Question

my bike is putting like the timing is off. I have a 2006 softail night train. I already changed the plugs and air filter and its only gotten worse. Not sure what to do next. Is this service free?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also put in a half of a bottle and dry gas then waited a half hour then started it. Seems like it gets worse everytime I start it up. The way the problem started is about 2 days ago when I was almost home and it started skipping then smooth then skipping. I parked it, changed the plugs then took it for a spin and it was slightly worse. Changed the air filter then took it for a spin...slightly worse. Added drying gas then took it for a spin and again slightly worse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
accidentally hit live phone call. Email is fine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for debris in the fuel tank and fuel system that may be causing this here as well as a restricted fuel filter.I have seen these as one of the main causes here for this issue needing corrected to resolve this fault here.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.