Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2011 polaris RZR 800 efi MFD not working

Customer Question

Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Multi function display on my 2011 polaris rzr is not working. Where do I start. Where is the fuse? How do I remove it? Already checked fuse box fuses they appear to be Ok
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any damaged or shorted wiring leading to the display itself or at the fuse panel and battery.If an issue is found with the wiring or wiring connections this will need resolved here to correct this type of fault.If this is or was checked and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand there is a fuse that protects the MFD. It might be a fusible link? All wiring appears intact. I believe the problem occurred when someone installed HID LIGHTING ON THE machine. Which I have removed
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I don't have the info on fuse or fusible link locations on this model here,if this is something that may have occurred when the HID lighting was installed inspect the wiring that was done/converted and see if any wiring issues are found needing repaired.If this is all o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I remove the HID lighting and put the stock back in. it is a simple plug and play. no wire splicing. thanks for attemp to help me but I purchased an online service manual and I believe I can trace the issue now.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything you suggested I had already accomplished. I ask about fuse able links and fuses that protects the MFD. You said you were not familiar with machine. Again thanks for the attempt to help.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand after downloading a service manual I was able to fix the problem. Please close this issue
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,if there is anything else I can help with here let me know and feel free to rate my help here if you like.

Thanks Pete