Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I recently took a spill on my motorcycle and the two cables

Customer Question

hi i recently took a spill on my motorcycle and the two cables and also the contact cable (yellow) that goes into the little circle and makes contact with the starter also came loose. I have opened it up and can see this. I believe the two cables that got detached just need to be soldered back into place, but i do not know what to make of the yellow cable with the metal circular part that fits into a circular opening stay in place that i believe has to make contact with the starter button. I am new to motorcycles and have a busy schedule so arranging for a mechanic to come pick it up to fix it has proven difficult due to timing. Any help in resolving this would help. Thank you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, what year please is the Honda CB350?

And bear with us; post back with clear closeup pictures of the "... two cables and also the contact cable (yellow) that goes into the little circle and makes contact with the starter..." Please click HERE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 1974 cb 360 I could send you a picture of the opened up electric starter housing/engine kill switch connections and cables later if need be, but it seems like a fairly simple set up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure the originals do not come with electric starters
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

If the wire/terminal in question is used for the starter motor relay/solenoid trigger, then there would have to be a small spring pushing on it. The item HERE may be of interest then as a parts donor.

...or perhaps HERE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There should be a visible spring when I push on the starter button that touches that circular metal brad connected to the yellow wire? Or is it inside the housing? I am pretty certain that no parts were lost or broken but only that the yellow wore came loose and needs to be put back in place. I can send you some photographs later tonight when I get back from work. I need advice on re assembly not on getting parts
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Yes please on the pictures later / when able.