Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a 2003 Ducati 999S, I stripped it down about 8 years

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ducati 999S , I stripped it down about 8 years ago for maintenance and got sidetracked! ! I've recently reassembled it and put the battery in and can not get any power to the ignition, absolutely nothing lights up , It has the immobilizer system on it and I've been through it with a continuity tester to no avail PLEASE ADVISE
THANK YOU
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, and if have not been tried; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).

Then proposed preliminary check is to trace for always available BAT+12V on all the red wires from the battery's + terminal.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie, appreciate the input , but I have been through all of that numerous times . Gone as far as unwrapping the harness and testing in several places through out the wiring to no avail, I've got solid ground through out the bike , from the headlight assmy. to the tail sub frame and every where in between , I trickled the bat. its full and turns the motor over with ease when you jump the starter silenoid
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update on what has been tried.

Sorry for any delay, mobile with sluggish to no Internet.

I understand good ground but where is the BAT+12V lost? Is it available on the fuses? ...on the regulator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been through everything that you spoke about already with no progress, I have one of the service techs that I know coming by tomorrow morning with his meters and service comp. to go through it . We'll see what happens then. I can't say that you didn't give good advice , because it was , it just didn't help ME out at all since I'm really familiar with the bike , that's why I'm stumped ! ! ! ! !