Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2013 skidoo 600 ace mxz. The hand warmers 't come

Customer Question

I have a 2013 skidoo 600 ace mxz. The hand warmers don't come on until 4000 rpm. My hands get cold because I don't run that fast at times. They tell me at the company that there is no way to adjust or by pass the electronics to bring that down to 2000. If there is away please let know. thank you bobt 021 @ yahoo.com
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not received an answer, as yet. This question is about a snowmobile and not a motorcycle.
Please advise, if you can not find the answer. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting for 2 days for an answer, your time is over the limit. Please advise one or another, if you can get me th answer for my abobve question..
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually the warmers are commanded to heat up with a switched voltage or ground source at a certain RPM or speed.Unfortunately I do not have a diagram of this on your model here to tell you how this is wired but I would see if any repair center in your area can get you the diagram and then you can see what signal is switched on at this RPM or speed and then you may be able to install some kind of toggle switch to manually switch on the warmers.If this is not an option for you let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a toggle switch on the handle bars. If I cut into the hot wire going to the switch and wire it into the head lite wire that should give me power to the hand warmers ' The head lite is on all the time the engine is running and off when engine is shut down. I don't think that would over load the head lite circuit. If I can get a wiring diagram of the circuit. bobt>
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I don't have a circuit diagram on your lights or hand warmers on this here.In theory it should work as long as it isn't over loading the circuit and isn't over heating the warmers but I don't have the exact diagram info on this here.If you want I can open your question back up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The trouble is that I don't know where to get a wiring diagram of this machine. tried all the local shops and they don't have one or they have one and wont let me look at it. On some of the older machines I have wired them into the head lites with no problem.Dont know about these new ones. Let me know if you cant fax me a schematic. thanks bobt>>
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I don't have this info here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete