Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2001 ZG1200 XII the oil seal in the Gear Driven

Customer Question

I have a 2001 ZG1200 XII the oil seal in the Gear Driven assembly is leaking oil and it is dripping out at the swing arm to gear driven assembly boot joint. This gear driven assembly is in my hand after removing the swing arm there are four bolts holding it to the transmission body. Not to hard but I don't have the tool###-##-####to hold the gear and remove the bolt holding it in place . Also reading the manual. After replacing the seal it needs to be torqued to load the bearings to the correct pre-load. I need someone I can take this to or send this unit to that I can trust to do it correctly by the book. The Kawasaki dealer here in Bridgeport WV had no clue or the gear holding tool.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has responded here with the info you are looking for.In some cases this can be due to the info you are looking for may be difficult to obtain.If you haven't checked with any local repair centers in your area or near you I would see if they can tell you how this is done or know of the tool you need on this here.If this is not an option for you on this or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.