Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2002 gsxr 600 Suzuki. I just purchased it from a private

Customer Question

2002 gsxr 600 Suzuki.
I just purchased it from a private sale. It has a yoshimora muffler. The main pipe comes down and goes right to muffler. I don't see any evidence of a exhaust actuator flap not sure if it ever had one.
This is the problem:
Motorcycle FI light comes on once in awhile but almost on every ride. Bike will sputter and hesitates and pops. Lately it will stall usually light will come on as it stalls.
Now when it stalls and I try to start back up the FI light starts to blink then I cant hear the fuel pump go. I cycle the key a few times then when I hear the pump I know it will start fine.
Motorcycle will run fine for a while. To me it does not seem like a fuel pump because it works fine most of the time.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I have seen fuel pumps act up like this before when it has an internal electrical fault to where it will operate intermittently.A fuel pump at fault will also cause the popping and stall out issue as there is a lack of fuel to the engine.I would have the pump tested further to be sure it is the component at fault here and if found to be at fault it will need replaced to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.