P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

My 2012 FL HX Street Glide t run stop switch as soon as I

Customer Question

My 2012 FL HX Street Glide hit run stop switch as soon as I put it and run the bike automatically starts without hitting the start switch I've checked the relays and I've checked for any moisture or water damage and found nothing get the starter will not
disengage unless I unplug it physically I am stumped
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

Your starter button is probably shorted internally or in the wiring leaving it.

You can remove the fairing and either remove the starter button wire from the right side control plug or just clip it to see if the problem is solved. If it is you'll know the problem is the switch. It isn't common but it does happen.

The red/black wire in the right control housing is the wire that the start button energizes so that is the one you want to check. It should show no power with the bike on and should show power when the start button is pressed. I can send you the wiring diagram or help walk you through the troubleshooting if need be.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, P.J.