Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 98 honda shadow 750 ace that has decided to come up

Customer Question

i have a 98 honda shadow 750 ace that has decided to come up with a ticking noise when it is cold it sounds perfect as it gets warm it starts to come up and you cab hear it rally well at idle but goes somewhat away or quiets up a bit at throttle it will still do 90 mph and has not lost any power but this tick came out of nowhere need help
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems to come from up top on motor ist of the v twins
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I have seen issues with bearing failure like crank rod bearing failure where it has excess play that can cause a fault like this here.In some cases the noise will even sound like it is from the top end of the engine.Unfortunately without seeing this its difficult for me to say for sure from here if this is the cause.The motor will have to be checked into further which may involve having it removed and taken apart for inspection and repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.