Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I replaced the battery on my 2002 vrod and when I did the

Customer Question

I replaced the battery on my 2002 vrod and when I did the blinker lights came on automatically. Turned the key ignition on and my headlight came on but my dash lights /display isn't lighting up and it won't turn over when I try to start it. I replaced the battery in my fob and no results. My blinker lights go off when I remove the security fuse. Any thoughts?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and see if any fuses had shorted out possibly due to a voltage surge or spike and caused this issue here.If these have already been checked or are checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

One other thing to try here is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect it to see if this allows the electronics to reset and operate properly.If this does not work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.