TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

My Honda ch150 elite scooter cranks longer then it should to

Customer Question

my Honda ch150 elite scooter cranks longer then it should to start. help!
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.

The most likely cause is old fuel varnish has begun to clog the fuel jets in the carb. Here is a parts diagram for reference:

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053e076f870021c54be06ca/carburetor

The slow speed jet has the smallest orifice in the carb and is the first to clog. If you are going to attempt to clean the carb your self then I recommend replacing the jet rather than trying to clean it as the least amount of restriction will cause running problems. It is #32. This carb also has an electric enrichner circuit to add fuel for cold engine starts. The valve is part #10. There is no replaceable jet for this circuit so you need to throughly soak the carb body in carburetor cleaner and then run the appropriate size wire drill through the fuel pick up tube that protrudes into the float bowl to be certain that it is completely clear.