Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I HAVE AN E-TON ROVER TROUBLE WITH GOING INTO GEAR, IT

Customer Question

I HAVE AN E-TON ROVER
IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH GOING INTO GEAR, IT CRANKS UP FINE WITH THE BREAK LIGHT ON U PUT INTO GEAR TI JUST CUTS OFF I HAVE FOUR E-TONS THIS I S THE ONLY
ONE IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are setting.This will help diagnose and locate the fault here.This may be a fault with a sensor sending an incorrect gear position signal causing this fault.I have also seen wiring issues on some models cause a fault like this needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.