Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I am buying a can am spyder. I have two choices, both same

Customer Question

I am buying a can am spyder. I have two choices, both same price, 2013 RS manual transmission with 450 miles or 2013 RSS, automatic transmission, with 4700 miles. Both are out of warranty. My questions: (1) are spyder mechanically trouble with regards ***** ***** and transmission or anything else? (2) from the mechanical perspective, what is best, ***** ***** or semi manual (it's what is called I guess)? (3) how many miles are these engines and transmission built to for trouble free? (4) is 4700 miles high for a 2013? (5) from the mechanical perspective, is the RSS better than RS or no difference? Anything else you can opinion on is welcome
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here.In some cases it can be difficult to answer questions like this here if the correct person here is not online to post the info you are looking for or knows the info you are looking for.

One option here may be to contact a service center on this model (speak with a mechanic/technician at a service center as they would have the best info) to see which is a better choice.They work on these so they would know best which model and transmission is best and what faults you may run across.If this is not an option for you let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.