TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

I have a 1983 honda v 65 1100 magna when I turn the key on

Customer Question

I have a 1983 honda v 65 1100 magna when I turn the key on only head light and front signals turn on when I go to turn on the switch to indacate witch way I want to turn it wont flash. the rear tail light works but no power to the signals .
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.

Use a test light to verify that there is power to both sides of all the fuses in the fuse box. I believe the horn is also on that same circuit as the turn signals. If good then check for power to the turn signal relay white/green wire. It is shown as part #18 in this diagram for reference:

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053ebebf870021c54be4113/battery-fuel-pump

If power is going in check for power coming out on the gray wire with the turn signal switch on. If there is power coming out on the gray then check for power to the gray connector on the handlebar switch. If power is there use a jumper wire across the gray to orange or light blue wire and see if the signals flash. If not then the flasher relay is defective.

Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance with this just add a reply. If not, please rate my answer so that I can get credit for assisting you.