Big Dog
Big Dog, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ride to live live to ride
7276279

I have a dyna superglide. when I t the starter it just

Customer Question

I have a dyna superglide. when I hit the starter it just clicks and wont turn over. It will start if I jump start it. Are there any fuses that I need to check or do you think its a starter issue?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Big Dog replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for you question,

If the engine will start with a jump start the problem is likely caused by a dead battery and not the starter , I would start with having the battery charged and tested. I suspect you are going to find it has a bad cell and needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the lights light up, and are bright. If it's not the battery where would you start trouble shooting next?
Expert:  Big Dog replied 1 year ago.

It does not take near as much voltage to light the lights as it does to engage the starter and crank the engine. I would still start with charging the battery and having it load tested and if it checks okay, make sure the charging system is charging the battery properly. This does sure sound like a weak battery to me, the load test will verify if that is the case.