Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

We have a 2007 can am max. When the machine runs miles, it

Customer Question

We have a 2007 can am max. When the machine runs for 20 miles, it stalls and backfires and is very hesitant. Let it cool down for 10 minutes, then it runs ok for a little while. Wondering what the problem may be??
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

This sounds like a fuel supply issue.Make sure your gas cap is the correct one as sometimes the cap can cause a vapor lock causing this issue here.If this is o.k. I would have the fuel filter checked to see if it is restricted needing replaced and the fuel system will need tested from there best done when it is acting up (so it may need to be left with a dealer or repair center so they can run it to duplicate to test the fault) to see if any fuel issues are present needing repaired like a restriction or on some models a fuel pump failure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.