Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 06 shadow started running rough checked carbs air is

Customer Question

my 06 shadow started running rough checked carbs air is being blown out from motor think it has jumped time compression at 70 psi both cyl where do i need to look ?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

I would check and make sure there isn't a restriction with the exhaust system itself.If there is a restriction with the exhaust system this can cause this type of fault here in some cases as well and the restriction will need repaired to correct this fault.If no restriction is found this may be blow by past the piston rings due to ring failure or possibly piston or cylinder wall failure causing this needing repaired or the engine replaced.In some cases you can use a bore scope to look into each cylinder to inspect the cylinder walls as well as pistons for any damage then go from there for repair.Other then this the engine may need taken apart and inspected for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.