Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

This might sounds like the dumbest question, but after

Customer Question

This might sounds like the dumbest question, but after battling for 2hours, would just like someone to confirm. My Ducati 1198S battery went flat so decided to get a new one. Tried to put it in, but was odd as four (2) terminals on the top instead of the usual two (2). I linked up to positive and negative just like normal, but when I turned the key, nothing, no lights etc. Even swung the battery around and same story. Is it possible I just have the wrong battery? Is there something else that could be causing it? Bike was running perfectly beforehand and has been well kept since. Cheers, Paul.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
It sounds like the wrong battery, but I need to know the brand and model number of the new battery you bought to make sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric, thank you for your response. I have since spoken to the battery distributor whom has confirmed that the one that I have is the wrong type (it even had 4 terminals out of the top instead of the usual/standard 2). I have what is advised as the correct model in order so hopefully that arrives in a couple of weeks and all works normally again (fingers crossed). Regards, Paul
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
ok, sounds good. If you run into an issue on it, please let me know