Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a new battery and starter relay in my zx7r it will

Customer Question

Hey I have a new battery and starter relay in my zx7r it will not turn over when I press the start button but if I jump the starter relay it will turn over but it still won't crank
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary try (if have not been tried) would be to re-check / swap how/where the big cables are tied to which terminal of the starter relay/solenoid.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Or perhaps you can provide a clear close up picture(s) of the starter relay's terminals.

All others would require the use of a volt/multi-meter and a check of the wiring, resistance/continuity and voltages.