Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a Suzuki M109R and I'm trying to install aftermarket

Customer Question

Hi Jeff. My name is***** have a Suzuki M109R and I'm trying to install aftermarket signal lights. They only have two wires and the harness has three wires just like the stock lights. Do you have any idea on how to make the signal lights work to keep my running lights work and when I cut my signal light on, that it will work too?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When searching on how to do this online, I saw to get some diodes and I tried one diagram but the signal lights would stay on but not flicker.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, yes; the use of diodes would provide running lights and signal lights from the same lamp assembly.

The second issue of "...signal lights would stay on but not flicker..." could possibly be due to the "...aftermarket signal lights..." are LED types and not the regular filament type bulb (most likely).

If LED, then replace the flasher relay with an electronic version similar to the product shown HERE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but just to clarify, what if the back flashes but the front just stays on? And it's a bulb too. Very similar to the OEM.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Significant information as it changes the scenario.

Offhand, the diodes alone would not be able to do the job then. It would also require a series resistor. The idea is to directly feed the "...aftermarket signal lights..." with the wires for the signal light BUT the running light wire would have to pass the resistor/diode combo.

To my recollection (please confirm):

• • light green (right) & black (left) wires for the signal lights;
  • • brown for the running light;
  • • black/white for the ground.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Black/white is ground, black is signal light and green is running light
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Shouldn't there be two (2) signal light wires? black and ???? ...for left and right

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One side is yellow/blue and the other side is white/blue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excuse me for that
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

"...yellow/blue and the other side is white/blue..." are these from the new signal lights or from the Suzuki's harness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's from the aftermarket lights. The harness is actually just green, black, and black/white
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Brandon, bear with me; each "...aftermarket signal lights..." would have to have 2 wires. What are these please? ...yellow/blue & ????? and the other side is white/blue & ?????

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir, that is correct. One side is white/blue and the other side is yellow/blue.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Can you please provide clear closeup pictures of the "...aftermarket signal lights..." showing the wires (colors). Click HERE.

Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not at the bike at the moment but I will as soon as I get back to it.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand and would look forward to an update when able.