RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

I have 2014 fx svho was running fine, came out of a no wake

Customer Question

i have 2014 fx svho was running fine, came out of a no wake zone got on it within a couple of seconds it stalled and will not start checked to see iff sucked something up when i got it out of the water but nothing there please help me lol i want to ride this weekend
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

I need some additional information to be able to help you.

1.) How long had you been riding it that day continuously from when you started to when you went through the idle zone and then it quit?

2.) Have you pulled the spark plugs after trying to start it and see if it is getting spark or if the spark plugs are coming out wet? If not, we need to try that so we can start dividing and conquering this problem. It either lost spark, is not getting fuel or lost compression. Not in any particular order, but those are the 3 elements required to make an internal combustion engine run.

Thanks

RSRBOB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pulled the plugs and they are wet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help me with next step
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for the additional information.

2.) Were the plugs wet with gas or water?

3.) Put the plugs back in the coil/caps and lay them on the head away from the open spark plug holes and crank the engine over to check for spark. Give it a test crank with your face and body away from the engine at first in case there is a large quantity of water in the engine. As long as nothing pumps out of the engine as you crank it over with the plugs out, proceed with observing each plug and see if it is sparking.

Thanks

RSRBOB