Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a vespa 150cc scooter, I overfilled it with gas and

Customer Question

I have a vespa 150cc scooter, I overfilled it with gas and 100 ft after leaving the gas station the bike died and will not start, the starter wont even make the noise like its going to start. From reading online, it sounds like it might be because of the evap hose that would get filled with gas instead of air when I overfilled it. I think the scooter has a safety feature that wont let it start and I dont know why. It was running great and had no signs of battery or starter trouble before I overfilled the tank. Thanks for any advice that you have Its greatly appreciated
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

If this model uses a vent hose from the tank inspect it for fuel and if any fuel is found in it or any other component on the scooter that was only suppose to have fuel vapors try and clean and dry out the fuel and see if it operates properly again.In some cases vapor components that become saturated with fuel have to be replaced if they cannot be dried out or repaired.If this does not work here to correct this issue let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.