Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I put a new battery fully charged, it started ran about 30

Customer Question

I put a new battery fully charged, it started ran about 30 min.cut it off now tried to start again turn key,it does nothing. What do you think.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) would be with the fusible links from either the battery's + terminal or 1 terminal of the starter solenoid.

Still and if have not been tried; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).

All other tests would require a volt/multi-meter.