Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

My 95 Suzuki intruder has no power with key In the on

Customer Question

My 95 Suzuki intruder has no power with key In the on position but in the aux position I rear running lights and nothing else
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and based on the described symptom and observations, a most likely low or missing IGN+12 from the ignition switch and/or the ignition switch itself has failed.

Still, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) with the use of a multi-meter on:

• • confirm always available BAT+12 on the red/white wire;
  • • read voltage on the orange and the orange/black wires with the ignition switched on. This is the IGN+12;
  • • carefully unplug, clean and plug back in the ignition switch's 4-pin connector;
  • • if still no voltage on the orange and the orange/black wires with the ignition switched on and the connector checked/cleaned, then the ignition switch would be highly suspect.

Please post back results of the above once tested.