Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Experienced Vintage Vespa Mechanic needed. If you are not

Customer Question

Experienced Vintage Vespa Mechanic needed. If you are not intimately familiar with Vespa P series Scooters, please do not respond. I have a bastardized 1979 Vespa P125X basket case. The motor is back together except for Stator and flywheel. The Stator wires have been removed and I need a wiring diagram for the whole bike. Other wiring may be a problem as well. The original Stator wires had the plastic coating falling off. The Stator has 5 coils. One is reddish in color and I think it is the ignition coil. 2 are taller and the last 2 are shorter. I have a 4 pole regulator, 2 yellows, a Pink, and a Purple. I am told that 4 pole regulators are no longer available. Would like to convert to no battery. I am OK with buying a new Stator and Regulator but need a wiring diagram for what I have, to be able to figure out what I need to change. Motor is marked with number VNL3M. All wiring diagrams I find online are for 3 pole or 5 pole regulators. This model has points. It also has turn signals. I'm open to changing to electronic CDI ignition. I need a wiring diagram, a recommendation as to what and where to buy the needed parts, and detailed instructions as how to complete the job.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

I see no one has replied with the info you are requesting here.In most cases this is due to the info you are looking for being difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.The best thing to do in this situation is to contact a dealer or repair center to see if they can help with the info you are requesting on this.If this is not an option for you here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.