P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

Replaced the battery in 2008 heritage classic, won't start,

Customer Question

replaced the battery in 2008 heritage classic, won't start, can't bypass alarm.tried changing code following owners manual but after preesing left & right signals alarm flashes but the code doesn't come up on the odometer like it should. any suggestions?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

A little more information may be helpful.

• Is the red key symbol illuminated on the speedometer face?
  • Does everything else have good power and do you hear the fuel pump prime when turned on?
  • Do you have the key fob(s)?

Thanks, P.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To answer your questions
Yes
yes
yes
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you have the key fobs in close proximity to the bike and the red key symbol is still illuminated then you need to replace the fob batteries to disarm the security. The battery is a 2032 model and nothing else. It gets installed positive side (writing side) down. It also has to be above 3 volts to transmit. Many times "new" batteries are less than this straight out of the package so if you have a volt meter I'd recommend checking it.

Replace the fob batteries and let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks, P.J.