P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I have a 2009 Fay Bob. I have been busy and didn't ride all

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Fay Bob. I have been busy and didn't ride all summer. I went out to start it the other day and realized that the battery in the FOB needed replaced. I replaced it. Then I realized that the batteryplex the motorcycle needed charged. So I charged it. When I tried to start the bike, I hit the starter switch and all the electronics went dead. Later that day the green flashing light came back on. Any ides?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

A little more information may be helpful.

• When you release the starter button did the electronics come back on?
  • Where is the green flashing light you mentioned?
  • Do you have a voltmeter to do some troubleshooting?

Thanks, P.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The electronics do not come back on. It goes dark. Nothing flashing. Then later in the day, the tachometer lights were flashing. I tried to start it and as soon as I hit the starter button everything went dark again.
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have a bad battery or battery cable issue.

I suggest first having the battery load tested to make sure it is good. An auto parts store or bike shop will do it for free. Once that is verified, and if the power doesn't return, I'd check the cables next.

Keep me posted. Thanks, P.J.