Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

My husband has a 2014 Ultra Limited twin-cooled motorcycle.

Customer Question

My husband has a 2014 Ultra Limited twin-cooled motorcycle. When he first got it, after it was up to normal operating temperature, when he came to a stop light, the fans would kick in. I could hear them run sitting on my bike next to him. Now, they don't come on at stop lights. Mechanic says they can't find anything "wrong". Replace the temp sensor and the thermostat. Any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

you are assuming the fans are supposed to run when the bike is stopped at a light and that is not always true.

the fans are temperature controlled.

what has changed on the bike since new?

any "tuning"? stage 1 down load? synthetic oil?

tell me everything you can.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm NOT assuming they should. They USED TO. Now they do not.The bike is STOCK. Been in for regular services and all recalls. I believe it has synthetic oil but it has in it whatever they put in it from the factory. If you read my original post carefully, you'd see that I said they USED to come on and now they do not. We know exactly how the cooling system works on these Rushmore bikes. This system is for RIDER COMFORT, not for engine performance.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

you seem to know everything you need to know.

I am going to opt out.

best of luck.

Steve