Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 2014 roadster has 2,400 miles on it. went out this

Customer Question

my 2014 roadster has 2,400 miles on it. went out this morning, shifted into R with no problem. The machine will not engage first gear, however. Any suggestions? is this a common problem? the manual says that if this were to occur, the machine should be
transported to a dealer. any help is appreciated. Jack
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should have added CanAm roadster
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

If you hear any clunking or grinding when trying to shift into reverse this can indicate a mechanical fault in the transmission itself usually.In this case the transmission would need inspected for repair to locate and correct this issue.The best for this to be done of course is a dealer as they usually have the best test equipment and experience to do this testing.If this is not an option to have this tested by a dealer or authorized repair center let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete. There is no out of the ordinary noise when shifting into reverse. I'm having the bike taken to a dealer this morning. When I spoke them, they sail there was a bulletin out on shifting issues. We'll see. Thanks again. Jack
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome

If they have a bulletin most likely it fits what is occuring here and they should be able to repair this with ease from the bulletin.In some cases depending on the bulletin they may repair this at no charge to you.

If you need anything else let me know and feel free to rate my help if you like.

Thanks Pete