P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I installed badlands load equaliser on my 07 sportster

Customer Question

Hi I installed badlands load equaliser on my 07 sportster installed to front indicators and blew 15a fuse for battery I know what a knob. Then installed correctly replaced fuses and checked others all fine .indicators work fine but fuel pump won't run nor does the bike and neutral light doesn't work any ideas
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

I can't imagine how the two are related but your fuel pump is powered by the system relay and then the fuel pump fuse. I'd suggest checking these first.

• The system relay should have battery voltage on the blue gray wire (coming from the ECM fuse) when the ignition is turned on.
  • The relay should then have power leaving on the yellow/green when the run switch is in the run position.
  • That yellow green feeds the fuel pump fuse and then power leaves it on the orange gray and feeds the fuel pump.

If all this checks out good then you may have an issue with security (if you have it) or the ECM.

Check this and let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, P.J.