Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2013 KTM 250 SX-F which won't start. The EFI light

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2013 KTM 250 SX-F which won't start. The EFI light is not coming on and I can't hear the fuel pump whirl. Any thoughts?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

This may be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen the electronic ignition switch fail in the past before causing issues like this here needing replaced.I would have this tested to see if this is the cause here as well as checked over for any broken/shorted or damaged wiring.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply but far from what the problem is. The KTM cranks but won't start because the EFI is not engaging so there is no issue with the ignition switch. It has to be a stator, fuel pump, voltage issue, plug or along that line. Was hoping there would be a motorcycle mechanic that had knowledge of this through experience with other bikes. Thanks again for the reply, better than just sitting here waiting I guess.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.I apologize my info didn't help here.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete