Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2014 Honda Rubicon 500 the button on the shift handle

Customer Question

2014 Honda Rubicon 500 the button on the shift handle doesn't seem to be working. You can't get the handle into the low range setting. I took the handle apart and changed the broken spring but it seem like the shift linkage is stuck. Any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If there is a fault with the shift linkage being stuck this may be causing all of the issues here.I would inspect the linkage to see if you find any linkage bent or damaged in any way needing repaired or replaced to correct this issue.I have seen before where damaged linkage can cause issues.If this is all found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete