Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

When I turn the ignition on the on light is not on won't

Customer Question

When I turn the ignition on the on light is not on won't start with electric start but will run with kick start.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially (and if have not been tried), the prescribed preliminary approach would be; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then load tested (even if new and just for purposes of eliminating it as a suspect).
Additionally (again if have not been done), check with a multi-meter (or better yet, replace) the main fuse. The main fuse in most versions is co-located with the starter relay. To locate the starter relay, start by following the big cable from the + terminal of the battery as it always ends up tied to 1 of the 2 big terminals of the starter relay.