Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have 1995 Polaris magnum 325, had it idling all day, using

Customer Question

Hello Jeff.
I have 1995 Polaris magnum 325, had it idling all day, using the winch to lift a steel plate into place. Towards to end of the lift, i noticed a strong smell of gas. Upon inspection , I noticed gas dripping behind the PVT unit. I couldn't see anything obvious, noticed a fuel line dropping down behind the PVT, from what looks like an upside down carburator above it. I pulled on the fuel line, and I came up freely from behind the PVT, flowing freely of gas! I cannot locate where the other end goes. Do I need to remove the PVT cover and transmission in order to locate a fuel nipple somewhere behind?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, that a Polaris Magnum 425. The fuel line that has gone rouge is a clear line coming off the bottom of what looks to me as the bottom of the float bowl. I could be wrong. It is located above the Automatic Variable Transmission. I cannot locate where the other end of this clear fuel line goes! But since noticing the fuel leak and subsequent location the loose fuel line, which I clamp the loose end, I haven't been able to start the ATV. The line is only about a foot long. Could it have fallen from above the Variable Transmission somewhere? I guess i need to disassemble the ATV today, and do a look-see.ThanksRandy S Reeves
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as I can tell, the line is a drain for an over flow condition in the float bowl. Took the ATV apart this morning, couldn't find anything nipple missing a fuel line. Kept trying the start switch, then it finally caught, and started. Maybe idling all day yesterday didn't help, but i needed the winch to raise the steel plate.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If this is a vent line hose it is possible that the carb. may have an issue with over fueling causing the bowl to over flow out the vent.I have seen some issues with floats sticking in the carb. causing issues like this here.I would have this inspected further if you can to see if a repair facility can determine if this is an issue with the carb. or if this is a different fault.
Thanks Pete