Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

1800 gold wing no passing power rpm drop before it clears

Customer Question

1800 gold wing no passing power rpm drop before it clears out fuel injector check ok don't fine no vacume leak why no one knows
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome-

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to advise . Sorry to see you have had a wait.

Im afraid with this, it could be a couple of things - You dont give much info but it could be a sticking valve in the engine - especially on higher mileage -and very low mileage engines... In which case a good fuel treatment in the tank is worth a try - A compression test would help ID this too.

Other than that - you would need to have a plug in diagnostic test - This being the 06 model, it is diagnostically able to store fault codes for faults... that will save you a lot of time next as / if needed after the above.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
compression check ok my codes are showing nothing could it be the tail pipe like a catalik coverter on a car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi again...

Im sorry I couldn't get back to you until now as I was off over the weekend.

In that case, yes, you can get a restriction in the exhaust of any kind yes - that would certainly be worth checking.

I assume the timing is all ok etc -and even things like the clutch etc.. Its a tad difficult not being able to be there as I cant feel it / test it etc so I have to just mention what you may hav e already ruled out... if all else has been checked out, that would be the next thing yes..

Again let me know how you go.

Please do click on the OK ratings for me at this point - Thank you again...and again.. you are welcome to get back to me anytime.

All the very best ,. MIKE.