Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Sorry, having trouble figuring out this website

Customer Question

sorry , having trouble figuring out this website
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no power...had the battery checked at a auto store, looks fine. I checked fuses under seat at left side, they looked good. I found five fuses in a box. Are there more somewhere and could a heavy rain have got into the ignition area where the key is?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially (and if have not been tried), the prescribed preliminary approach would be; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then load tested (even if new and just for purposes of eliminating it as a suspect).
Additionally (again if have not been done), check with a multi-meter (or better yet, replace) the main fuse. The main fuse (and a spare in most versions) is co-located with the starter relay. To locate the starter relay, start by following the big cable from the + terminal of the battery as it always ends up tied to 1 of the 2 big terminals of the starter relay.