RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

Does 2500.00 sound right to replace an entire fuel system on

Customer Question

Does 2500.00 sound right to replace an entire fuel system on a 2003 HD RK......I've been told that by a shop....the bike only has 7k on it..but it has sat in the garGe for about 3 years
Please help me:)
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

HI and thank you for your question.

You did not specify if your bike was carbureted or injected so there is no way to answer the question. However, that sounds like a lot, and it sounds like the shop is shot gunning the repair. Like they don't specifically know what is wrong with it so they are going to replace everything whether you need it or not, and in the process, probably replace the component that had failed. I included a link to Ronnie's HD. It is one of the few web sites I have found that has HD parts on line so if you have an itemized estimate, you can check it out for yourself. I am really skeptical that you actually "NEED" everything. I suspect I am doing nothing more than confirming your own suspicions. Feel free to ask anything else.

Thanks

RSRBOB

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hdmc&a=440&b=9&c=0&d=2003%20FLHRI%20ROAD%20KING%AE%20%28INJECTION%29%20%28FB%29%20ELECTRICAL%20-%20IGNITION%20MODULE%20-%20FUEL%20INJECTED