RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

Have problem with my ATV 4 wheeler is that it stays in same

Customer Question

Hi have problem with my ATV 4 wheeler is that it stays in same gear it does not go any higher or lower and nothing indicates in screen bot even when trying for automatic also no effects, would you know what might be the problem. Thanks. Peter
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

HI

You didnt state the make model and year but typically this is a broken spring in the shifting mechanism. I suggest pulling the clutch cover off and looking at the shifting mechanism. When a spring brakes, the shifter pawl can no longer grab the pins on the shifter drum.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Honda ATV. 4 wheeler year 2011 TRX500FPA with GPScape and Power steering FOURTRAX FOREMAN RUBICON my question is the shifting mechanism inside the engine?.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I got it, it was positive cable wire broken by battery so its okay now.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

OK, Glad its resolved. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer was shifter pawl and spring, but it was not it was one the positive cable from the battery so I don't know how rate you, I thank you answer so I will ask again good service 3 stars.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

I agree that my suggestion was of no value, but please keep in mind you failed to provide the make model and year of your ATV with the initial inquiry and I was not counting on your ATV being an electric shift, because the vast majority of ATV's are not electric shift. I got the information that it is an electric shift and you solved the problem one right after the other. Delivered to me at the same time. I am perfectly ok with you just letting any rating go and calling it a push. No pay, no negative rating. Justanswer will refund your deposit without a problem, I can promise you that. Deal?