Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2005 mule 3010 fuel pump issue. Acquired mule used 5 years

Customer Question

2005 mule 3010 fuel pump issue. Acquired mule used 5 years ago. Recently discovered that fuel pump has power to it whenever key is on. I unplugged relay and found power to the black/ w and black/b wires. None of the factory taping/wire wrapping appears to have been tampered with. Do you think these two wires have been tied together to power the pump bypassing the fail safe igniter initiated powe-to-pump?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I apologize as my info is limited on this model here.
If there is a short or damage to any of the wiring for the pump or pump relay this can cause this type of fault here.I would inspect the wiring to see if any of the wiring melted or shorted together and replace or repair the wiring as needed.
If this is all found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete