kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph
68360881

I'm trying to get my son's KTM 50 mini going. Never had any

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to get my son's KTM 50 mini going. Never had any problems with it. Always fired up on 2nd kick. He rode it one day. It wouldn't start next day. I took it into the shop and they said 0 compression. They wanted too much to do the top end so I did it myself. After replacing the cylinder and piston and trying to get the bike going I realized there was almost no spark when kicking it. I ended up replacing the stator and ignition coil. Still almost no spark when kicking, but good spark when cranking the flywheel nut with a drill. I also put a compression gauge on it and it's reading 0 compression. Confirmed piston is right way and right for cylinder. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just to verify the arrow on top of the piston is pointed at the exhaust port?